As writers, no one is more important, more beloved, than our readership. The hours we spend formulating story ideas, writing out plotlines, and planning deliciously memorable characters are our gift to our readers. In turn, readers often ask how they can help their favorite authors.
1. Book Reviews Count! The publishing industry has grown, sprouting new channels and possibilities for writers in every genre and category. There is an abundance of great books on the market. That’s why it’s so important to post reviews of the books you enjoy–so other readers can find them. You can even copy and paste the same review to other book sites, such as GoodReads, Shelfari, Barnes&Noble.com, or CBD.com. They may not all be perfect 5-star reviews, and that is fine.
2. Go social. Tweet about the book, Instagram it, Facebook it, create a meme, pin it to Pinterest, whatever your style. #love
3. Pass along the book to a friend.
4. Buy the book as a gift for friends and family. Every purchase is important to an author.
5. Ask your local library or bookstore to carry the book.
6. Just say it. Tell someone how much you liked a book you read. Word-of-mouth is the best way to help support an author!